Its been awhile

New 9 color giclees'
South Over Charlotte
Its been awhile
powered by

My Blog

Its been awhile

It's been awhile since I've picked a paint brush up....two years to be exact.  I have finally started on a portrait for a friend.  I thought this might be a good warm up to get me back in the groove. Luckily, I don't seem to have lost any rhythm or skill levels..The only thing that really bothers me is that I don't seem to have the drive or motivation that I've had for 35 years as I thought I would.  Maybe it's just the layoff and I need time to get myself back into it.  Or maybe the millions of strokes I've made over the years have finally taken a toll on me.....knowing each stroke had a reason and a purpose for being there.  I never wasted many strokes even if it took a year on a painting.  Its part of the process.  Maybe it's time to call it a career and just hang out.   I still think I have a painting or two left in me.....and still have some paintings that haven't been started yet...such as "Fields of Gold" and the Bill Monroe tribute painting.  When I paint I'm usually so wrapped up in it that I don't sleep or eat ...only enough to get by.  Its always been that way from the smallest painting to the largest.  Even if I sat down to paint on "Waiting for Tomorrow" knowing at the end of the day I was only have about a couple square inches done...I still had butterflies in my stomach.  It was that exciting!

Maybe it will all come back.  For now I plan to leave the website up.  I have so many visitors daily from all over the world that I feel obligated to leave it up.  I still do the printing for the giclees' , hopefully that will get me going again.
I'm 66 now but that really has no effect on my painting. I can still lift a brush and my sight is still good.  I run two miles a day and bench press 225 and workout daily.  I just need to get focused and maybe find some new subject matter to get me going again.  Trying not to make this sound like an obituary as far as my painting goes but who knows, maybe its just time.  I will still post anything to do with the art and if and when, I paint anymore....and leave the website up for now.  Hope everyone still enjoys it......having loyal visitors and comments from all over the world everyday.  This is really rewarding to know people are still enjoying and visiting the site.  Stay tuned.....

14 Comments to Its been awhile:

Comments RSS
dale on Thursday, August 29, 2013 4:31 PM
hi harold just showing brenda's aunt your work. she love's it. see you in charlotte soon. dale

Flowers Jaipur on Friday, May 16, 2014 1:41 AM
Great post really like it a lot.

luxury watches on Thursday, November 20, 2014 1:47 AM
I can understand the absolute columns and air-conditioned this is most definitely ! I am animated that you have to aggregate this! And , it is absolutely acceptable , you accept the important point !

chanel bags on Thursday, November 20, 2014 1:48 AM
It will be that I will immediately enhance the newly any way , you are subscribed to the column of my achievement you .

adres on Friday, December 05, 2014 12:12 PM
In add-on instant taking control of your whole process different out of your most ready-made assistance from the bedroom furniture store

jaw on Wednesday, May 09, 2018 4:38 AM
Awesome view

do my assignment australia on Friday, May 11, 2018 11:27 AM
i have seen your past work and i think tou should just give it sometime and it will all come back together and you'll be able to focus more on your painting, since i do the same thing when I'm feeling weiry after writing too much.

Programming Homework Help on Saturday, September 29, 2018 5:13 AM
Thanx for sharing such useful post keep it up :)

Write My MBA Dissertation on Saturday, September 29, 2018 6:32 AM
by visiting this site I found cool stuff here keep it up.

alextyler on Monday, October 15, 2018 7:42 AM
I saw the different post here and all the post are very impressive. I like this information which you share in this posts. its been awhile is very interesting blog you share. I surely visit this website again to get more interesting posts like this. Keep sharing. tarpaulin sheet uk available here

Velanta on Monday, November 12, 2018 4:39 AM

2 player basketball games on Monday, January 14, 2019 2:04 AM
Thanks for sharing this interesting blog with us

hildan on Thursday, January 17, 2019 10:25 PM
ini ke 18 pusat plat stainless ss316 pusat plat sumihard pusat round bar besi aisi 440s45c pusat round bar scm440 pusat steel rail pusat steel sheet pile stockis plat hardox stockist plat astm a285 c stockist plat high strenght stockist plat stainless ss316 stockist plat sumihard supplier plat hardox Jual besi siku undangan pernikahan yang unik Harga Welded Beam T beam King Queen Cross Castellated Beam Toko Besi H beam Baja Supplier Plat Bordes Toko Welded Beam Toko Welded Beam ironsteelcenter.com Jual Plat besi plat kapal undangan pernikahan amplop Harga Bondek Cor Jual Besi H beam Baja Toko Plat Bordes harga besi beton Sni Ulir Polos polos ulir Agen Welded Beam Agen Welded Beam Jual stainless steel Jual besi h beam baja undangan pernikahan unik dan murah Harga Atap Spandek Sni Harga Besi H beam Baja Agen Plat Bordes harga besi beton sii Jual Jaket Parka Jaket Parka undangan pernikahan kalender undangan pernikahan bahasa inggris islam undangan pernikahan islami undangan pernikahan unik dan murah undangan pernikahan modern undangan pernikahan online undangan pernikahan undangan pernikahan amplop surat undangan pernikahan simple undangan pernikahan murah undangan pernikahan unik undangan pernikahan artis undangan pernikahan modern undangan pernikahan artis undangan pernikahan arab undangan pernikahan undangan pernikahan Supplier sch 40 Supplier sch 40 Supplier Plat kapal besi baja bki krakatau steel Supplier besi beton Sni Ulir Polos undangan pernikahan ala jepang Pabrik Besi Pipa Baja Schedule 40 Toko Besi Unp Baja Supplier besi wf Toko sch 40 Toko sch 40 Supplier besi siku Supplier besi wf baja undangan pernikahan islami Pabrik Pipa Besi Hitam Medium Jual Besi Unp Baja Toko besi wf Distributor besi beton Sni Ulir Polos polos ulir Agen sch 40 Agen sch 40 Supplier pipa besi baja sch 40 sch 80 Supplier besi unp undangan pernikahan ada fotonya Pabrik Besi Wf Harga Besi Unp Baja Agen besi wf Distributor besi beton sii

itoolspro on Wednesday, February 27, 2019 2:46 AM
That's reall an amazing post. Thanks for letting us know about it.