"I'm done"

New 9 color giclees'
South Over Charlotte
Its been awhile
powered by

My Blog

"I'm done"

I been thinking about this painting for a while....actually every since I quit raising cows and baling and rolling hay.
The day I walked out of the hay field for the last time, I thought " I need to do a painting of this last hay bale.... I think it's about time......so here is the sketch.  I might get this one in before I do "Fields of Gold".   Shouldn't be to long in the painting of it.  Not sure whether to do it in tempra or watercolor.

12 Comments to "I'm done":

Comments RSS
Bill Walls on Thursday, July 21, 2011 6:26 PM
Harold, I'm sure in your mind you will never be done bailing hay. Watercolor seems to be where it all began for you. If it was good enough for Moses it is good enough for the last bale. That's just my thoughts..... your friend, Bill Man, what a picture! I know you daddy's drawing is worth more than a million to you. What a treasure........
Reply to comment

HR on Friday, July 22, 2011 2:09 AM
Thanks Bill....everytime I drive by a hay field where someone is square bailing, I get the urge to jump out and start throwing them up! haha but so far the urge hasn't overcome me enough to do it..but I'm sure I will some day. Yes dad was really proud of that eagle. I'm sure he had more drawings in his younger days but he never showed me anything other than that one and a cartoon he had drawn....they were pretty busy scratching out a living when they were young and probably never just had the time...probably the reason he wanted to me to paint and draw as much as I could.......other than the time when I was about 4 years old and drew on the newly painted bookcase doors! that was a mistake...almost ended my art career before it began! everything from that day on was on paper or something other than part of the house.....looking forward next week to going up into the menonite country with you...we'll go by and see Janice and Rose...maybe Anne Marie if we can find her and come back with home grown tomatoes!

Bill Walls on Saturday, July 23, 2011 6:45 PM
Lets go! Just let me know what day..... Pam will fix us a "log rolling" dinner when we get back. Boy, the Hamm's farm sounds like a piece of paradise. What a blessing friends like that must be.
Reply to comment

gucci bags on Tuesday, March 03, 2015 3:35 AM
I accept I enjoyed absolutely just .
Reply to comment

prada belts on Tuesday, March 03, 2015 3:39 AM
I've been worse acquisition out added about a little acknowledgment for sharing Mononoke .
Reply to comment

https://www.aussiewritingreviews.com/edubirdie-review/ on Monday, August 27, 2018 4:59 AM
You really have a lot of supporters.I was reading about your blog ,and got to know that you guys are working for such a good cause.
Reply to comment

aisj-ials on Saturday, December 22, 2018 3:03 PM
Yeah its same situation with me.I have different about this painting well I never tried it myself. Recently one article on writing site about yoga actually developed an interest in me to practice this.
Reply to comment

hello-radio on Sunday, December 30, 2018 8:15 AM
Really?Thats great.You know guys I recently joined a new essay writing site and I am loving the experience.Thanks and keep sharing more.
Reply to comment

papersplanet on Friday, January 25, 2019 2:35 PM
This blog and its services are seriously best and outstanding for its users. But the information about the blog is very concise and limited, your blog gave me the detail information about this and I am very satisfied with the description on it. I loved it a lot and enjoy it.
Reply to comment

https://bestaustralianwriters.com/totalassignmenthelp-com-review/ on Monday, February 04, 2019 3:51 PM
This is exquisite. Looks absolutely amazing. A feel that it is a bit costly for me, but a great ring nonetheless.
Reply to comment

essayforme.com review on Sunday, March 10, 2019 3:28 PM
This is a mind-blowing character that is sketched by this man. He is really a nobleman who made thousands of sketched and animated characters like this. This is seriously a super cool artist and I loved his all painting that he show into an exhibition. Grampa is my favorite artist of drawing.
Reply to comment