Early watercolor

New 9 color giclees'
South Over Charlotte
Its been awhile
powered by

My Blog

Early watercolor

I posted a picture of a painting I did back in 1978 on the scrapbook II page called "Clinard's Crib".  This was one of
my first paintings and one of the six I took to the show in 1980 at R.C. Gormans in Albuquerque.....my first show.  I sold this one and the others during and within the next week of the show.  It is one of the probably less than twenty
paintings that I've done that I don't know who owns or the whereabouts to them.  Maybe someone will recognize it and give us a call.  I think the painting sold to someone who lived in California at the time.  The reords of who purchased the paintings at The Navajo Gallery were lost later as gallery directors changed.  Would be fun talking to persons who own it around 30 years later.  I ran across this photo, the only one, a few days ago.  I didn't keep many images back in the early days, as this was before the digital era.

10 Comments to Early watercolor:

Comments RSS
Bill Walls on Thursday, June 16, 2011 6:09 AM
Harold, just viewed "clinards crib". I remember a photo you had of it. I hope you are contacted about it. It has a special feel; the way old wood becomes rounded on the edges from weather and use. The painting looks like a photo. Almost makes you feel like you are choking from the dust. GREAT PICTURE........ Bill
Reply to comment

HR on Friday, June 17, 2011 1:42 AM
Hey..thanks Bill. Got a great story on "Clinards Crib". I was choking but not from the dust. That day, as a lot of others, I was at Mr. Clinard's house while wandering around the farm taking photos and drawing. The usual routine was to play a game of checkers with him and drink a cup of coffee made on his wood stove. While playing checkers that morning...I jumped a couple of his men....kinda felt sorry for him. BIG MISTAKE! He had this sneaky grin on his face (he was around 80 years old) I looked down and he liked to have broken my knuckles jumping so many of my men.....he took them all! Had been setting me up. He finally burst out laughing and I almost cried. all these weeks of playing with me, he could have wiped me out any time and he knew it...I guess he just enjoyed my company and knew if he beat me too bad early I wouldn't play anymore. He was right....I never played anymore...it would have been useless...I would have had a better chance of building a rocket ship than beating him....he was a pro...hustler..hahaha. After that day I just visited, drank coffee and sketched around the farm. "Ten Below" was another painting I did one winter there. He laughed often about beating the crap out of me in checkers....little man with a big heart, I miss him. Maybe that's the reason that painting is a little drab...I was in my "Just got the crap beat out of me in checkers by an 80 years old bible toting man mood!" haha see you next week, Bill.
Reply to comment

Bill Walls on Friday, June 17, 2011 8:43 PM
Harold, the old timers are leaving us way too fast....... Bill

Bill Walls on Sunday, June 19, 2011 5:35 PM
Harold, thanks for the snapshot of your current portrait you are working on. You have nailed another one ! Great work ! Bill
Reply to comment

local tibet travel agency on Sunday, May 19, 2013 7:56 AM
certainly like your website however you have to check the spelling on several of your posts. Several of them are rife with spelling problems and I to find it very troublesome to tell the reality nevertheless I will surely come again again.
Reply to comment

H.R. LOVELL on Monday, May 20, 2013 3:06 AM
I'm sorry about the spelling errors on the post. I was actually quiet good in spelling during my school years. But not to make excuses...there are a lot of replies and post that are done while I'm in the car or even on the farm doing work, so conditions are not always perfect when some of these post are made. I'm actually more concerned with the feedback on my artwork than I am spelling. I put the blog up so I could be in contact with my art collectors throughout the country and keep them posted as to what is happening with my art and life as an artist. BUT I do try and do the best I can with spelling but there are going to be mistakes made under the conditions I'm doing some of these post. I've stopped my tractor in the field with 100 degree heat to answer a question. I'm a farmer/artist foremost, and as I've mentioned, the blog is a convenience for me to stay in contact with collectors and followers of my art. I will try my best though!
Reply to comment

Apple Accessories on Wednesday, May 22, 2013 8:38 AM
Enable clients to trust your services by providing them with reputable, named staff.
Reply to comment

profil on Tuesday, March 17, 2015 3:25 PM
we find it difficult to consider numerous assistance. For example , adorn these people beautiful canvas the point is it merely fails to dry up out
Reply to comment

Anonymous on Tuesday, March 17, 2015 3:25 PM
Reply to comment

dissertations writing service on Friday, December 14, 2018 11:57 PM
Without the hitting managing, you likely won't accomplish the objectives. So to plot my paper Australia execute sensible systems and a concise range later be coordinated by your work and accomplishment will be yours.
Reply to comment