Hay time

New 9 color giclees'
South Over Charlotte
Its been awhile
powered by

My Blog

Hay time

This is the time we used to start cutting hay in Tn.  We sold our cows and quit doing hay about 3 years ago.  I usually get an itch about this time of the year to get on the tractor and in the fields.  My neighbor who has horses now cut the hay and takes care of the fields.  On an average we would do about 3000 square bales a year.  It pretty well took up most of our summer.  It was hard work but kind of enjoyable to a certain degree.  I have a photograph
of the last bale I picked up knowing this was coming to an end....I think I might convert it into a painting some day....maybe call it  "The Last Bale".   Maybe paint it outside when it's about 98 degrees to get the feel again!

10 Comments to Hay time:

Comments RSS
vacation in tibet on Saturday, May 18, 2013 11:38 PM
My brother suggested I might like this web site. He was entirely right. This post actually made my day. You can not imagine simply how much time I had spent for this information! Thanks!
Reply to comment

H.R. LOVELL on Sunday, May 19, 2013 5:49 AM
I'm glad you liked the site. Its just simply people and places I've painted over the years....no elaborate stories...just simply my life as an artist and the things I've seen that's inspired me over the years...and of course my everyday live on the farm. I think the H.R. Lovell documentary on the site that NPT did pretty well sums up my life on the farm and my art. check it out if you haven't already. feel free to email me anytime! hrlart@aol.com thanks again!
Reply to comment

strona www on Friday, December 05, 2014 6:12 AM
Protecting typically the condominium is not really a hard process and the best entire enthusiasts should certainly deal with the idea with little difficulty The setting up within the wall membrane seems as if the main delay, pause associated with graphic known
Reply to comment

buy online dissertation on Tuesday, June 12, 2018 8:33 AM
A very touching story it's so hard to leave behind what use to be the legacy, but life moves on there comes a timw when things have to change. you should try writing a book about it too.
Reply to comment

Corporate Catering on Tuesday, July 24, 2018 1:26 AM
Your blog is very interesting and writing format is little different than before.I got some painting ideas from your post which is really amazing for me.Thank you for sharing the post.
Reply to comment

rushessay.com on Saturday, February 23, 2019 6:53 AM
I am not a fan of hay being that it triggers runny nose and watery eyes from me, but I can't wait for your to paint your piece "The Last Bale." I love landscape paintings. Rural scenes, landscapes and a slice of the environment type of paintings stir emotions in me. I can't enjoyed being outside, especially during hay season. But there is no harm in looking at photographs and paintings. Between the Mona Lisa and a Bob Ross painting tutorial, I'd take the latter anytime. Don't get me wrong. I'd still look and appreciate the Mona Lisa - it is a masterpiece after all. But I'd rather look more closely at the beauty, texture and magic found in mountains, rivers, sunsets and other landscape art.
Reply to comment

proessayreviews.com on Saturday, April 13, 2019 2:46 PM
I didn't know that so many days are celebrated. Every nation and country have their own ways and days to celebrate the event. It's good to know about this information.
Reply to comment

homework for me on Friday, May 10, 2019 5:55 AM
Lovely.Its good to read about all this.You must have experienced new things in this way.That's your fine approach of sharing your stories and time with us.Thanks.
Reply to comment

homeworkforme on Tuesday, May 28, 2019 11:23 AM
I also want to enjoy this Hay time with you.Lols.I think one should not miss even single moment of joy in life.This is very interesting post.Thanks for sharing.
Reply to comment

dragon city hack cheat on Saturday, June 15, 2019 1:59 AM
You should wisely use Jewels to buy premium items or improve your baby's birth.
Reply to comment